Am now in Sligo and the weather has picked up a little bit. Saturday's weather was awful with erratic rain and a downpour in the evening, and so I'm glad that I didn't end up going on a trip to the Aran Islands. It would have been nice to see them, but it would have been miserable to hike, I think. I really enjoyed my time in Galway, even though I didn't have a set schedule. I was able to befriend four women from Canada on a bus tour that I took to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren Hills. I was staying at Griffin Lodge, a B&B, which was a great comfort after staying in the isolated dormitories of UCD. Ann, the main caretaker, was super nice and friendly. She even did some laundry for me while I was away on the bus tour. Had a nice chat with her yesterday afternoon before I took off for Sligo.
I almost didn't make it to Sligo in that the bus was packed to the gills. I fortunate enough to get one of the few remaining seats. There wasn't a sense of a que like there normally is, but it all worked out in the end. At the moment, I'm staying at Yeats Village Hostel. The rooms are very modern; however, there is a bit of a mold problem in the room I'm staying in, so I'm waiting for them to make up a new room for me while I putz around on the Internet.
Enjoyed watching the Spain v. Italy football match last night. Witnessed the exciting penalty shootout with a local Sligo man who is mad for Spain. I'm not sure when the semifinals will begin, but it will certainly be something to watch the Germany v. Turkey match.
Well, I better head back to the hostel. A small update this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment