Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Es regnet noch.


Today's plan A was to walk to Parke's Castle and then take the Rose of Inisfree boat tour around Lough Gil. At 7AM, when I wanted to start my trek, it was raining pretty hard. Of course, now that it is nearly time to start the tour (and I'm about 10km from it with no chance of a bus ride out and unwilling to take a taxi out there), the sun has begun to shine. Regardless, I'm consigning myself to plan B -- hanging out in the Sligo library, checking out some of the older buildings to the south of town, dining at the Yeats Cafe, and doing some writing along the Garavogue River. In the evening, I hope to catch the Germany v. Turkey match at one of the pubs in town.

Tomorrow, I leave for Dublin super early (7AM train) so that I can make it to the city, check in at UCD, and travel back to the National Library for the Yeats Summer's Wreath poetry luncheon (happening both Thursday and Friday). Hope to meet up with Susanna again for one of these. Saturday afternoon, I will fly to Vilnius. It will be another adjustment going to a new place and not knowing anything of the langauge other than hello, thank you, etc. It will be one day, though. The second day, I'll catch up with the folks from LCC International University.

In reading news, I just finished "Oxen of the Sun" and have started "Circe" from Ulysses. After I knock out "Circe," I'll be two-thirds done. Woo-hoo!

No comments: