Thursday, June 12, 2008

Can't wake without the sun

I'm dragging a little this morning since I forgot to lift the shades before going to bed last night.  In Dublin at the moment, the sun rises at about 4.30 and sets at about 22.00, which is great; however, the sun really does help me to wake up for the morning.  With this sun timeline, I run the risk of getting up super early when I don't need to, then I'm tired by mid-day and need to find a dry park to take a nap in.  

So far, I've been able to do a Dubliners walking tour and catch a live soliloquy of the Penelope chapter of Ulysses.  The woman who did the one-person narrative of Molly Bloom was absolutely divine.  When I read Ulysses, I read it with a boring American accent, and so I love hearing actual Dubliners read from Ulysses.

Well, I need to catch the bus into the city for the next walking tour (which is in an hour).  I can only hope that the number 10 is on time and will get me to the center in time for the tour.  Ugh!

No comments: