Sunday, May 16, 2010

tolle Musikgruppe


"And I don't have the drugs to sort it out," sings Matt Berninger in meter-thick heartfelt desperation in The National's "Afraid of Everyone," which has become this week's soundtrack to my current life. In this case, the "it" that needs sorting is the intangible, yet oppressive overwhelming feeling that there's so much to do with preparing students for the end of the semester, Bcouncil, Ecouncil, figuring out my paperwork to travel, and preparing for my final exit from the Kingdom. If only there were a drug or a simple rag I could wave over it all to sort out all that I need to do. "Bird by bird, Monique," is what I allow Ms. Lammot to say to me. Take it one bird at a time, and eventually, the nest will be empty, and all that I have left to do is fly home...

No comments: