Friday, May 14, 2010

What is truth? On this night, she sure isn't beauty...



After a conversation about religion this evening, I feel like this poor boy here -- frustrated that there is not a clear answer. Now, you may say, "Well, Monique, there is no clear answer when it comes to religion." My response is, "Then why do those dialoguing with me say, "Monique, you're so close to the truth." Which truth am I close to? The overall truth? What you perceive the truth to be? I thought I found the truth in December when I found comfort in peace in the words of Jeremiah, Chapter 31. Or is truth as sb hypothesized to me, a temporal creature.

Perhaps the Truth is that we will never have enough knowledge in this life to say with certainty what Truth is, that in this temporary state of the physical being, we are given only the amount of truth that we can fathom. If we are given too little truth, we do not see all the possibilities. But if we are given too much truth, we cannot understand the possibilities. If we are given the right amount of truth, then we can digest this inconsistent Earth.

There lingers, though, the question of which truth is true. In the Supermarket of Truth, are all truths valid and mature for purchase? Are they considered all purpose and applicable in all situations that we encounter in life? Or are we to be more vigilant shoppers, testing the fruit of truth, thumping our thumbs against the melon rinds like a drum, praying that the resonance emitted from the contact of flesh to rind will reveal to us which one to purchase -- which one will give us the most use in our life?

Goodness! My brain hurts on this evening of contemplation. If I were to fill it with more "truth," it may just spill out of my ears.

2 comments:

CricketPE said...

My brain hurts trying to read this too :)

Monique said...

Haha! Thanks, Patty.