The past three weeks have been rough. Have been doing a lot of thinking about faith -- both in God and in people. For most of my life, I have had little faith in people, a tendency that surprises me, as I am easily disillusioned by those I feel have disappointed me. Without knowing it, I do put much faith in the ones that I love. I know this, because of my experience of what I perceive to be an emotionally devastating three weeks.
I understand that, as adults, we make choices. God grants us the free will to make these choices. It's a double-edged sword to have this free will, but I am grateful that it is there. When faced with a choice -- I often weigh all of the information and ask myself, "Which one is the right one?" But what about those choices that aren't right or wrong? What about those choices that are simply Choice A and Choice B? These are the toughies for me, and I'd like to thank ak for sharing with me scripture from Ruth last week to remind me that God is always faithful to us. No matter our hardships, our joys, our frustrations, our choices -- He is faithful to us.
It gives me great peace to have experienced His faithfulness to a good friend of mine this week. It promotes my faith to know that prayer is powerful. Even though we encounter situations in our lives where we feel helpless and we say, "All I can do is pray," -- prayer is powerful. It is in these moments, that we surrender. We surrender in our faith to God and pray that His continued faithfulness will guide us through the Holy Spirit, and that's a powerful feeling.
As the weekend comes to a close, I am thankful for these things:
1. The freedom to worship
2. Renewed understanding and practice of prayer, thanks to jg
3. Mental and physical strength to get through tough, life-changing decisions
4. S, my seven year-old Tunisian friend who helps me put things in perspective
5. Meeting new people who want to improve themselves, both professionally and spiritually
No comments:
Post a Comment