Friday, October 15, 2010

Lost in translation: Vocabulary notebook blunders (Week 4)


Week 4's sentences and definitions:

pick (meaning: best choice) - Pick a ring for your wife.

ignore - I ignore all bad men.

mime (n) - I don't like mime man. Tell that to Parisian streetmen ;)

oven (meaning: the part of cooker that has a door)

alien (meaning: A person who comes from another country) - My teacher is alien. Was I in the original Aliens film?

rose - A flower that has a nice smile. Aww, this makes ME smile over smell misspellings!

excite (v, meaning: "move feeling" - cause strong feeling) - He has got to excite her. What are you watching or reading, student?!?


Revealing a bit much about homelife...

endure (meaning: to suffer smth painful) - My parents can't undure me.

Ah, the challenge of communicating and the beauty of ambiguity and shades of misunderstanding.

No comments: