Friday, May 30, 2008

Leider ist Minaturgolf nicht meiner Spiel.


Went mini-golfing with D. today and had a great time. The woman working the entrance booth near the mini-golf and trampoline stations is a neighbor of d.'s, and so she let us play for free. Yea! A small boy, I think a relation to g. (the entrance ticketer), played with us as well. Like any nine year-old, though, he was pretty sneaky about getting "holes in one" and trying to block our plays during the seventeenth and sixteenth holes. He was harmless, though, so we just went along with it and wrote down the correct strokes for us. All in all, d. was the actual winner with 55 points, while I was the actual loser with 60+ points. Toll! I still find cement mini-golf courses a little disorienting and VERY difficult to play on, but it was great to get out in the warm weather (a little too warm), soak up some sun, and speak German. Later, d. and I had ice cream with g. and a Seebad patron (e., I think). D. and I toured the lake shore, walking along the shallow pebble beach and dipping our legs in the lake off of the mini pier.

Earlier, d. and I went to Merkur, a comprehensive grocery story that seems to have EVERYTHING, including a book bag with the Austrian flag on it. It was on sale with the Merkur Friends card (which d. thankfully let me use). I miscalculated how much I could put in the Body Shop tote I picked up in Kansas City, so it was nice to score a good find such as this. Only 10 Euros! Before shopping, we ate at the restaurant in the supermarket. Salmon filets with french fries and Frittansuppe never tasted so good!

At the moment, d. and I are trying to beat the heat by hanging out in her room, writing e-mails to friends and sending photos to each other from the day. Tonight, Austria plays Malta in Fussball on ORF 1. Hopefully, Austria will be victorious.

No comments: