This evening is New Year's Eve, a night that carries on into day. On this night, I won't be ringing out the old year and ringing in the new at a party. Instead, my upstairs neighbor and I are hitting the sack at 10pm (20 minutes from now) so that we make sure we wake up at 5am to head to the Seeb Corniche for a New Year's Sunrise Walk to welcome in this new year, 2013.
Of course, I do have some plans afoot for 2013. I share them with you here so that these plans are common knowledge and open for common support. Brothers and sisters, please rebuke me if I try to get out of these plans. Please push me back on the right path should I stumble!
2013 Plans
1. Read the Bible in its entirety in one calendar year. Thank you, The One Year Bible! You've made the daily divisions for me. I just need to read. Hip-hip!
2. Make the most out of Oman while I can. Weekends will be dedicated to traveling within the Sultanate, desert camping, visiting former students' families, and a lot of wadi hiking. For Dad, maybe trying out the driving range at Almouj Golf.
3. Return to the United States on July 01, 2013.
4a. Train for the Camindo de Santiago. This means frequent long-distance walking a few nights/days per week, building sturdy legs, and cutting out what my colleague deems as the "5 C's" -- candy, chips, cookies, cake, and cola. There will be a lot of rebuking here, I think, especially at potlucks.
4b. Complete the Camino de Santiago walking pilgrimage from St. Jean Pied de Port, France to Santiago, Spain. Walk will commence September 01 and finish (hopefully) by the end of October 2013.
5. Do a quilting apprenticeship with my very talented aunt, Ruby Campos. Lessons begin November 2013 in Chicago. Hecklers are welcome to visit us ;)
2013 Personal Goals for living and relating
1. Plan out my tithing.
2. Become more aware of how I can best serve and function within the Body of Christ.
3. Clean the apartment a little at a time each night rather than waiting to do everything on the weekend.
4. Be a better e-mail writer to those whom I love and care about -- both in Oman and outside of Oman.
5. Write 30 minutes each day
6. Don't agree to anything extra at work -- use the extra time to rest, relate, and relish the days through June 30.
With God's help and you, I look forward to the journey that will be 2013 and all that the year will unravel. May the Lord bless and keep you.
Of course, I do have some plans afoot for 2013. I share them with you here so that these plans are common knowledge and open for common support. Brothers and sisters, please rebuke me if I try to get out of these plans. Please push me back on the right path should I stumble!
2013 Plans
1. Read the Bible in its entirety in one calendar year. Thank you, The One Year Bible! You've made the daily divisions for me. I just need to read. Hip-hip!
2. Make the most out of Oman while I can. Weekends will be dedicated to traveling within the Sultanate, desert camping, visiting former students' families, and a lot of wadi hiking. For Dad, maybe trying out the driving range at Almouj Golf.
3. Return to the United States on July 01, 2013.
4a. Train for the Camindo de Santiago. This means frequent long-distance walking a few nights/days per week, building sturdy legs, and cutting out what my colleague deems as the "5 C's" -- candy, chips, cookies, cake, and cola. There will be a lot of rebuking here, I think, especially at potlucks.
4b. Complete the Camino de Santiago walking pilgrimage from St. Jean Pied de Port, France to Santiago, Spain. Walk will commence September 01 and finish (hopefully) by the end of October 2013.
5. Do a quilting apprenticeship with my very talented aunt, Ruby Campos. Lessons begin November 2013 in Chicago. Hecklers are welcome to visit us ;)
2013 Personal Goals for living and relating
1. Plan out my tithing.
2. Become more aware of how I can best serve and function within the Body of Christ.
3. Clean the apartment a little at a time each night rather than waiting to do everything on the weekend.
4. Be a better e-mail writer to those whom I love and care about -- both in Oman and outside of Oman.
5. Write 30 minutes each day
6. Don't agree to anything extra at work -- use the extra time to rest, relate, and relish the days through June 30.
With God's help and you, I look forward to the journey that will be 2013 and all that the year will unravel. May the Lord bless and keep you.
No comments:
Post a Comment