As of last Wednesday, I've successfully completed my General Arabic 1 course -- yea. Tomorrow evening will start the next level of the program at ACC. The group will be smaller, which I'm excited about. I felt a keen sense of accomplishment during my final when I was able to successfully read and comprehend a whole paragraph of Arabic text. It helped that the paragraph included vocabulary that I knew, so when I sounded everything out, I could understand it. I wish I could say the same for authentic texts. E and I have been collecting menus from different restaurants to 1) improve our Arabic and 2) see how ridiculous some of the English translations are. Mooshy potatoes. I like that one.
In other weekend news, I had a difficult time sleeping Wednesday night. I'm not entirely sure what specifically triggered it, but I woke up at 1.30 in a supreme fit of anger towards God. The fit was unjustified in that what I was upset about is, in the grand scheme of things, a nonissue. I was ungrateful to God for answering my prayers only in the fact that His answers have come at to what I perceive to be bad timing. I do not understand fully my purpose at this moment. I want finite clarification, and I understand that I just need to be patient and listen carefully. Be still and know that He is God. I really need to work on that this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment