Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Schwimbad

Dear Mr. Pool Man from some Southeast Asian country that I can't fingerpoint just yet:

Thank you for your nonstop efforts of keeping the compound's pool poppin' fresh. Like other pool maintenance crews, you could just fill up the pool at the beginning of the season and be done with it. But no -- you are up at 7AM or earlier, gracefully tossing in the chlorine tablets in front of the perimeter jets at half past seven to ensure that early morning swimmers get a sanitary swim. Daily, you get out the 10 meter or longer pole net to get the floating dead insects from the pool's top layer. You don't wear sunscreen, sunglasses, or even a shirt to cover your head while you work in the intense heat and sunlight. I'm envious, of course. My albino skin requires a lot of caution and care in the pool area. My pale eyes, restricting my vision as I squint against the sun, force me to front stroke westward and then back stroke eastward.

I tip my hat to you, sir. Without your diligence, I wouldn't get any vitamin D so early in the morn.

Yours sincerely,

Monique

Extremely White Compound Resident

No comments: